Reminder: School Nurse of Excellence Award (SNEA) Nominations Now Open through Jan. 9, 2018
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Dear ASNA Members,
Are you this year’s Alaska School Nurse of Excellence?
School nurses in Alaska are eligible for nomination for this annual award. The award recognizes a school nurse who demonstrates excellence in school nursing through his/her daily practice, continuing education, leadership, collaboration, etc.
- Nomination by a superintendent, principal, supervisor, peer or self- nomination (yes, you can nominate yourself) for the award. Nominees who meet the requirements will be notified and asked to:
- Complete an application that includes a resume, letters of recommendation and an essay.
Eligibility: the nominee must:
- Be a registered professional nurse
- Be a current member of ASNA and the preceding 2 years without a lapse in membership
- Have five years of experience as a school nurse and currently practicing as a school nurse
- Work more than 50% of time in direct care
- Evidence of excellence in school nursing practice should be based on Scope and Standards of Professional School Nursing Practice (NASN and ANA, 2011).
- Nominee may be an officer or board member of ASNA at time of nomination.
*Please Click Here for the Nomination Form
- Nominations must be received by January 9, of the current year
- Email to: Wendy Parsons, SNEA Committee Chair Parsons_Wendy@ASDk12.org
- The School Nurse of Excellence will be recognized at the annual conference of the Alaska School Nurse Association in April.
Deadline Dates for School Nurse Excellence in Alaska Award
- Dec. 1 Disseminate information via website and email
- Jan. 9 Nominations due
- Feb. 3 Application packets due
- Feb. 28 SNEA from ASNA to be sent to NASN
- April SNEA is honored at ASNA conference
- June SNEA is acknowledged at NASN conference